Finastra Expert Performance Engineer in Pune, India
WHY DO WE LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY?
With over 10,000 superstars across 48 different countries globally, it is hard not to be inspired every single day. At Finastra we celebrate in global knowledge sharing, diversity and an opportunity to make a difference for each other and for our customers .
We are on a journey. After bringing two global Fintech leaders together in June 2017, Finastra has truly recognized the opportunity and power we have, by combining our expertise, successes and passion together. Whether it is in a collaboration hub or innovating with colleagues across our global landscape, we are one team creating a network of talent and creativity in a stimulating environment, to do what we can to make a difference for our customers .
Our people are leaders in their role and are always looking for new ways to help our customers grow, compete and optimize their business. From a graduate Software Engineer to an experienced Sales Executive – we are looking for personal leadership and people with the appetite to understand the markets and customers we serve. We drive innovation that challenges the status quo and feel proud of the positive differences that we make every day. We recognize talent and provide a work environment where leaders can drive results , develop and grow their careers.
Success is what you do, success is what we achieve, together.
The future of Finance is open – combine your talents with Finastra opportunities to create an exciting career with us.
For more information, visit Finastra.com
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
· Gather performance test requirements and create performance qualification plans.
· Execute Performance Engineering and Testing activities as part of SDLC leveraging Agile methodology
· Help determine appropriate metrics to be gathered during performance testing and be responsible for analyzing and tracking against these performance testing metrics on an ongoing basis.
· Help determine appropriate benchmarks for performance and be responsible for analysis and tracking against these benchmarks.
· Design, implement and drive performance, scalability, stability, and stress tests using industry standard tools, and custom solutions / scripts.
· Collaborate with development and production support teams on identification of identification of application, database and system performance bottlenecks, performance tuning and provide RCA.
· Benchmark Production and Test Labs for baselining and ensure accuracy of test simulation
· Conduct profiling/instrumentation of the application using APM and profiling tools
· Localize the performance issue to code using java development experience and knowledge of java high performance concepts
· Define and conduct different kinds of performance testing (load test, stress test, soak test, scalability test)
· Do market research for technology innovations to identify areas of improvement and make recommendations. Act as High Performance Evangelist.
· Knowledge in all aspects to Performance Engineering including SDLC & Architecture, Performance validation ( profiling, tuning, workload simulation, benchmarking & testing), Capacity Planning, Application Performance
Monitoring and problem detection and resolution.
· Solid understanding of issues of scale and performance in large-scale cloud environments
· Ability to comprehend complex system architectures and find creative approaches to testing them.
· Knowledge in end to end profiling, tuning, recommendations for overall system scalability
· Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new technologies / process improvements and automation.
· Knowledge and history of adhering to best testing practices
· Analytical and structured approached to problem solving and testing.
· Ability to write effective and reliable performance scripts from requirement specifications.
· Motivation and excellent problem-solving skills, with good communication skills and attention to detail
· Understanding of financial software / financial practices a plus
· Ability to think out-of-the-box, purpose continuous improvement and provide insightful insights into problem solving
· Cloud/Virtualization (Azure, or other Cloud IaaS)
· Load testing tools (LoadRunner, StormRunner, JMeter or equivalent),and system profiling tools (Ants, Yourkit, JVisualVM, JProfiler)
· APM vendors / solutions (AppDynamics, NewRelic, Dynatrace or equivalent)
· Linux/Unix and Microsoft OS experience.
· Database technologies (relational and No SQL databases)
· Source Control (GIT), issue tracking (JIRA) and scheduling (Jenkins) systems
· Container orchestration (Docker or Kubernetes)
· Working in Agile/SCRUM organization on financial software projects is a huge plus
· Java programming and HTTP/SOAP/REST/JMS protocols
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact us at 800-274-7280.
The Future is Collaborative . The Future is Open. The Future is Now.
Finastra unlocks the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation. Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, and treasury and capital markets. Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or geographic location—from global financial institutions, to community banks and credit unions. Through our open, secure and reliable solutions, customers are empowered to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet the changing needs of their customers. 48 of the world’s top 50 banks use Finastra technology.
Finastra is an Equal Opportunity Employer in the United States. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws. For more information please read Finastra's EEO Policy Statement at http://www.dh.com/sites/default/files/eeo-policy-statement.pdf .