Finastra Instructional Designer in Trivandrum, India
WHY DO WE LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY?
With over 10,000 superstars across 48 different countries globally, it is hard not to be inspired every single day. At Finastra we celebrate in global knowledge sharing, diversity and an opportunity to make a difference for each other and for our customers .
We are on a journey. After bringing two global Fintech leaders together in June 2017, Finastra has truly recognized the opportunity and power we have, by combining our expertise, successes and passion together. Whether it is in a collaboration hub or innovating with colleagues across our global landscape, we are one team creating a network of talent and creativity in a stimulating environment, to do what we can to make a difference for our customers .
Our people are leaders in their role and are always looking for new ways to help our customers grow, compete and optimize their business. From a graduate Software Engineer to an experienced Sales Executive – we are looking for personal leadership and people with the appetite to understand the markets and customers we serve. We drive innovation that challenges the status quo and feel proud of the positive differences that we make every day. We recognize talent and provide a work environment where leaders can drive results , develop and grow their careers.
Success is what you do, success is what we achieve, together.
The future of Finance is open – combine your talents with Finastra opportunities to create an exciting career with us.
For more information, visit Finastra.com
What will you contribute?
The Instructional Designer will work with Subject Matter Experts and other Instructional Design team members to create curriculum assets that support an external client training audience. The Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written, and instructional design skills to design, develop and maintain documents and courses such as training guides, eLearning and procedural online videos. The Instructional Designer will ensure that these curriculum assets are developed and maintained according to company and training standards and processes.
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Define objectives for a course and/or curriculum.
· Synthesize and develop course content based on input from subject matter experts, technical documentation, previous training courses, etc.
· Use Word templates and styles to develop and maintain Training Guides used in training software solution courses. Ensure these are maintained as per software release schedules, product cycles and requests.
· Use PowerPoint to draft screen layouts, graphics and interactions appropriate to the content.
· Write the audio script for procedural video courses and record voice over for procedural videos. Record the procedural demos.
· Develop eLearning courses using company templates. Ensure courses have sufficient learning interaction and application to engage learners and retain learning.
· Design quizzes and meaningful course interactions to increase learning and retention.
· Work with subject matter experts and course sponsors to collect feedback and integrate it into curriculum.
· Validate course at multiple stages of development and make or document required changes.
· Define project schedules and manage multiple projects simultaneously with the lead Instructional Designer and managers. Keep track of project tasks and status using online project management software.
· Keep track of billable and non-billable hours and report them on a timely basis.
· Complete various training, project management, and administrative tasks as needed.
· Participate in team brainstorming and strategy meetings to help define goals and direction.
· Keep up to date on learning tools, trends, and ideas.
· Formal training in instructional design and/or adult learning
· Strong written and verbal English grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage & pronunciation
· Knowledge & application of adult learning principles
· Ability to develop workflows and business procedures
· Strong interpersonal skills in both client interactions and team interactions and a willingness to interact with clients on a regular basis
· Experience taking, creating, or administering online asynchronous training
· Microsoft Word: basic text formatting functions, tables, bullets and numbering, hanging indents, inserting graphics, tracking changes, accepting comments and changes and use of styles.
· Microsoft PowerPoint: basic text formatting, tables, master layouts, text and title placeholders, entering slide notes; ability to use graphic design features to create screen layouts
· Captivate and/or other eLearning development tools.
· Microsoft Outlook (or similar) email & calendaring: send, receive, and file email; create & accept calendar appointments & invitations
· Ability to maintain & access files in an organized fashion on both local hard drive & network drive
· Experience delivering instructor-led training, either live or via webcast
Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions
Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact us at 800-274-7280.
The Future is Collaborative . The Future is Open. The Future is Now.
Finastra unlocks the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation. Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, and treasury and capital markets. Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or geographic location—from global financial institutions, to community banks and credit unions. Through our open, secure and reliable solutions, customers are empowered to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet the changing needs of their customers. 48 of the world’s top 50 banks use Finastra technology.
Finastra is an Equal Opportunity Employer in the United States. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws. For more information please read Finastra's EEO Policy Statement at http://www.dh.com/sites/default/files/eeo-policy-statement.pdf .