Finastra Systems Engineer (Linux, Unix) in Trivandrum, India
WHY DO WE LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY?
With over 10,000 superstars across 48 different countries globally, it is hard not to be inspired every single day. At Finastra we celebrate in global knowledge sharing, diversity and an opportunity to make a difference for each other and for our customers .
We are on a journey. After bringing two global Fintech leaders together in June 2017, Finastra has truly recognized the opportunity and power we have, by combining our expertise, successes and passion together. Whether it is in a collaboration hub or innovating with colleagues across our global landscape, we are one team creating a network of talent and creativity in a stimulating environment, to do what we can to make a difference for our customers .
Our people are leaders in their role and are always looking for new ways to help our customers grow, compete and optimize their business. From a graduate Software Engineer to an experienced Sales Executive – we are looking for personal leadership and people with the appetite to understand the markets and customers we serve. We drive innovation that challenges the status quo and feel proud of the positive differences that we make every day. We recognize talent and provide a work environment where leaders can drive results , develop and grow their careers.
Success is what you do, success is what we achieve, together.
The future of Finance is open – combine your talents with Finastra opportunities to create an exciting career with us.
For more information, visit Finastra.com
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the ‘Manager, Systems Engineering- UNIX & Storage’, the ‘Systems Engineer – Linux, Unix’ will possess hands-on experience with systems administration and maintenance of UNIX, Linux systems and will be responsible for the build, configuration and maintenance of UNIX, Linux systems. The candidate should be experienced in working in a diverse system environment supporting enterprise level systems and will provide strategy and technical insight in designing and supporting the UNIX and Linux systems while aligning to IT best practices and standards. The role will also be responsible for researching, planning, coordinating & implementing system solutions for conceptual design requirements.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a ‘Systems Engineer- Linux, Unix’ will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Linux, Unix System Administration knowledge to build, configure and maintain the systems.
• Shell scripting to automate the recurring tasks to save time and cost. (ANSIBLE, Puppet, Chef Etc.)
• Perform installations/patching of operating system, software installation, and system backups - data recovery
• Implementation of IT Security and system hardening best practices and standards
• LVM configuration
• Volume Groups, Logical Volumes, JFS and JFS2 File Systems using Logical Volume Manager
• Device management
• LPAR and WPAR configurations
• Basic Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
• Virtualization and manage virtual machines
• Enterprise monitoring and management frameworks
• Ability to learn new technologies on own
• Knowledge of the Linux kernel and kernel modules
• Knowledge of Print Queue setup
• Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
• Working exposure to networked storage (SAN, NAS) concepts
• UNIX AIX, HP-UX System Administration skill will be an added advantage.
• ITIL Foundation certification is mandatory.
• Ensure smooth and top-quality delivery of projects in collaboration with project manager and the project team.
• Install, maintain, configure/reconfigure, and support hosted system instances, production and non-production
•Analyze and fully understand user requirements and current procedures in order to improve system capabilities and automate process workflows.
• 2-4 years of hands-on experience in building, configuring and maintaining the Unix, Linux systems.
• 1-2 years of experience using automation and configuration management tools.
• Knowledge and understanding of IT best practices and Security standards.
• Knowledge of enterprise backup solutions and data recovery.
• Knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory, and relevant IT architecture experience
• Knowledge of enterprise level monitoring systems and IT Service desk tools
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact us at 800-274-7280.
The Future is Collaborative . The Future is Open. The Future is Now.
Finastra unlocks the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation. Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, and treasury and capital markets. Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or geographic location—from global financial institutions, to community banks and credit unions. Through our open, secure and reliable solutions, customers are empowered to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet the changing needs of their customers. 48 of the world’s top 50 banks use Finastra technology.
Finastra is an Equal Opportunity Employer in the United States. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws. For more information please read Finastra's EEO Policy Statement at http://www.dh.com/sites/default/files/eeo-policy-statement.pdf .